UPDATE: Congratulations to the SUSS team who made it to Bondi Beach yesterday and raised over $5000 for Interplast!
On the 9th of August, the members of Sydney University Surgical Society (SUSS) will once again run the City2Surf and raise funds to support Interplast.
Interplast is an Australian and New Zealand charity that provides free, life-changing surgical treatment for people in the Asia-Pacific region who would otherwise be unable to access such services. Its teams train local surgeons, doctors, and allied health professionals so that the communities they visit may continue to benefit long after they’ve left. Their patients are mostly children suffering from congenital conditions such as cleft lip/palate or acquired conditions such as burn scar contractures.
Check out their website here: www.interplast.org.au
Previous years have been huge successes. Since SUSS has been running the 14 km from Macquarie St to Bondi Beach in full surgical garb, we have raised over $15,000. Read the media coverage of the 2014 SUSS City2Surf campaign. We are committed to supporting Interplast in their valuable work and want to continue this year by raising our largest total ever. So please get involved by running and raising funds with us in the SUSS team.
This is a great way to get off your study chair and get fit while supporting a fantastic cause, raising awareness, and making friends. The run itself is awesome; you will have a lot of fun and see some spectacular views of our beautiful city.
Interplast has again partnered with SUSS and they promise to gift Interplast-branded scrubs to those who raise over a certain amount to run the race in. Details to come.
How to get involved
Please RSVP on the Facebook event.
Register to run:
1. Go to our team’s registration page and enter your details.
2. You will be automatically assigned to the “Sydney University Surgical Society” running team. NB: the password to join the team is “suss1234”
3. When prompted, do NOT yet select a charity, this will come later.
Register to fundraise:
1. Go to our team’s fundraising page and click “Join Team”
2. Enter your details to register to fundraise. Make sure to choose “Interplast Australia and New Zealand” as your charity
3. Start fundraising!