Notice is hereby given for the Annual General Meeting of the Sydney University Surgical Society, which will be held on Monday 27th June at 6:00pm in Bosch Lecture Theatre 1, University of Sydney.
The agenda will include:
1) President’s Report
2) Constitutional Amendments
All motions must be sent to the Society Secretary by 20th June (Kevin Phan, firstname.lastname@example.org). In the interests of time, only motions with notice will be considered at the meeting.
The current constitution is available here.
Nominations for positions will be taken from the floor or via proxy (see below). Candidates must be nominated by a third party, have their nomination seconded by another third party, and accept their nomination. Positions include and will be voted on in the following order:
2. Vice President
5. Research Officer
6. Information, Communications and Technology (ICT) Officer
7. Skills Lab Coordinator
8. Community Officer
9. Stage 1 and 2 Representatives
10. Clinical School Representatives: 1 for each of Concord, RPA, Nepean, Northern, SAN, Westmead
Please RSVP on the Facebook event.
We are pleased to announce that this year, for the first time ever, we are going to accept nominations from students who are unable to attend the AGM in person. If you can attend, please do so. However, if you are a Stage 3 student and currently on an out-of-town rotation, you are in luck.
**HOW TO NOMINATE YOURSELF IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND IN PERSON**
Email the President, Nathalie Rasko, at email@example.com and include the following:
– Your name and SMP stage
– The position(s) you are running for (you will be nominated in the order of position, which is listed in the ‘About section’)
– Speech that will be read out on your behalf at the AGM: write 150 words about your previous experience and why members should vote for you. If you are running for an Executive position, you can write 250 words.
– A passport-style photo of yourself which will be included in the powerpoint in your absence (so people know who they are voting for).