On Sunday, August 14, Sydney University Surgical Society (SUSS) will once again run the City2Surf and raise funds to support Interplast.
Each year SUSS medical students run City2Surf in scrubs to raise money for Interplast Australia and New Zealand. In the last few years SUSS has raised over $20,000. All medical students are encouraged to run with us in 2016.
Interplast provide free surgical treatment for patients with congenital or acquired medical conditions such as cleft lip and palate or burn scar contractures in the Asia Pacific region who would otherwise not be able to afford access to such services.
There will be extremely casual Saturday morning runs most weekends between now and the race – to meet the team and get in shape for the big day.
See here for media coverage of the SUSS City2Surf campaign 2014: http://goo.gl/fFUS19v
How to get involved
***NOTE: If you register before June 15th, there is a $10 discount on rego price. If you register before May 31st, your bib can be delivered to your home, so you don’t have to physically pick it up***
Register to run on the the SUSS team:
1. Go to the C2S registration page at goo.gl/OblIOT and select ‘Adult Early Bird’ or ‘Adult’
2. On the screen that appears, click ‘Join a Team’
3. Search for ‘Sydney University Surgical Society’ and click ‘Join’
4. Fill in your personal details.
You can choose whichever start group you prefer. Most of us will be running in either Singapore Airline Blue or Westpac Yellow.
5. On the next screen, do NOT check any of the charity boxes. In order to fundraise for Interplast you must join the SUSS C2S fundraising team (below)
6. Follow the prompts to pay for your entry ticket and complete the race registration.
Register to fundraise for the SUSS fundraising team:
1. Go to our team’s page at goo.gl/hq1j4P and click “Join Team”
2. Enter your details to register to fundraise. Make sure you have “Interplast Australia and New Zealand” down as your charity.
3. Start fundraising!
Please also RSVP on the Facebook event.
Contact the SUSS team coordinator with any questions:
Alon Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org