ANZ Introduction to Plastic Surgery Conference 2014Welcome
Welcome to the inaugural ANZ Introduction to Plastic Surgery Conference, 2014.
The ANZ Introduction to Plastic Surgery Conference 2014 for residents and medical students is a day-long conference partnered with Sydney University Surgical Society and 8 other medical schools in Australia and New Zealand.
The aim of this event is to provide insight into plastic surgery as a career, offer a chance for all participants to present research/case reports and finally offer workshops on both education and practical aspects of surgery.
1. Subspecialty talks: educate residents/medical students on various sub-specialties within plastic surgery with talks given by experts in the field.
– Craniomaxillofacial Surgery / Trauma
– Paediatric Craniofacial
– Head and Neck Reconstruction
– Breast Surgery
– Hand Surgery
– Aesthetic Surgery
– Burns Surgery
– Research in Plastic Surgery
2. Oral Presentation/Poster Competition: offer a platform for juniors to present original research / case reports related to plastic surgery. Abstracts will be shortlisted by a panel. Best Oral Presentation and best poster prizes will be awarded at the conclusion of the conference.
Educational: tutorials on how to enter surgical training, CV guidance, interview coaching, how to engage in research
Practical: suturing, VAC, microsurgery.
All participants will be given a certificate of attendance.
Chairman: Dr. Tim T. Wang – Plastic Surgery Registrar, Liverpool Hospital Sydney.
Co-Chairman: Dr James Dalgliesh – Plastic Surgery SRMO, Concord Hospital Sydney.
Disclaimer: Exact content/timeline of the conference may vary. Final plan of events / speakers will be updated on the website and sent out to all participants who have registered prior to the start of the conference.
Other Surgical Society Partners:
University of Auckland Surgical Society
University of Dunedin Surgical Society
University of Newcastle Surgical Society
University of Wollongong Surgical Interest Group
University of Notre Dame Surgical Society
University of Western Sydney Surgical Interest Group